Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best Wishes And Happy New Year

The last day of the year has come. Looking back, I can say that it has been a very successful year for Ghacks.net. The site has seen its ups and downs throughout the year, but came out strong in the end. That’s pretty good considering that you cannot really predict what happens tomorrow (yes, that’s directed at Google mainly).

We have celebrated the six year anniversary of the site in October, and the fourth annual Christmas Giveaway in December. I’m happy that I can give something back, besides the content that is posted daily on Ghacks of course.

Looking forward I can only hope that Ghacks continues to growth in the same pace as it did the last years. I still think that this is incredible considering that the site does not have the backing of a big company that pays hundreds of thousands of Dollars for optimization, advertisement and content.

Being independent does have its advantages though, as we do not follow a corporate agenda or have to report to an executive who does not care about the site’s user base or reputation as much as we do. Can I manage to keep the site independent in the coming years? I honestly do not know. As much as I like writing and managing the site on my own, I feel pressure every day running it.

Enough with the babbling. On behalf of the Ghacks.net team I wish each and everyone of you a happy New Year and all the best for the year to come. I personally hope that I see you again here on the site in the new year, maybe even more than in the old. And if you could bring a friend or colleague along, that would be awesome.

This is the last post of the year, we’ll start posting again tomorrow on the first of January. Ghacks out.


© Martin Brinkmann for gHacks Technology News | Latest Tech News, Software And Tutorials, 2011. | Permalink |
Add to del.icio.us, digg, facebook, reddit, twitter
Post tags: ,



0 comments:

Post a Comment