Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What do you want to see in my new Windows 8 books?

Next week, when I finally download the Windows 8 Consumer Preview I’ll start writing not just one, but two new Windows 8 books, with a third being written later this year, so I’m going to be stupidly busy until the summer  :}  and I want to make sure that the books I write are what you both need and want to read.  I thought then that I’d introduce these books to you and ask what it is that you would like to see in them.

The Windows 8 Power Users Guide is the first commercial version of my self-published Power Users Guide series.  The book is getting a content makeover this time around and will be for enthusiasts and IT Pros who either want to find out how to use Windows 8 like the pros do, or who already are a pro and want to really unlock the power of the OS.

Windows 8 Out of the Box is a very different book for a very different market.  This book will be for complete computer newbies or non-technical people.  It will focus on the things we all actually do with our computers and work through simple and, crucially, short instructions on how to achieve the most common computing tasks.  This will include things that Windows 8 might not be able to do natively but that we use our computers for day to day.

I thought I’d take this opportunity to ask you all, as you’re all brilliant here at gHacks, what you would like me to include in these books?  Are there any areas you’d particularly like me to focus on, perhaps virtualization or deployment in the Power Users Guide or advanced photo editing or home networking in Out of the Box.  Why not let me know in the comments below and you can help shape these books to become the very best that they can be.  Thank you all  :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment